Baptist • Church of England • Methodist • United Reformed Church
Churches within the Partnership
We want to affirm a number of distinctive values, which we hold as being of particular importance for our Local Ecumenical Partnership (LEP):
- We accept the Lordship of the risen Jesus Christ – alive still today.
- We are Bible-based – accepting Scripture’s inspiration and authority.
- We are evangelical – in doctrine and its application to contemporary life.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the ground of our salvation and model of our mission, inspiring us in service to a materially and spiritually needy world.
- We depend upon the dynamic power of the Holy Spirit – to renew us and impart charismatic gifts for healing, deliverance and other ministries.
- We are committed to a collaborative style of ministry – with all God’s People.
We specifically commit ourselves:
- To seek prayerfully to understand more clearly the Vision of God and His calling to grow His kingdom here.
- To discover more from the Scriptures about the theological basis for our unity-in-mission, and its practical consequences.
- To conform ourselves to the values of Jesus, as enshrined in his teaching on discipleship and our ‘Declaration of Intent’.
- To share together in missionary outreach to the people that God leads us into contact with through our daily lives.
- To serve all the people of West Swindon & Lydiard Tregoz with the same unconditional covenantal love that God has for them.
We affirm, together with Churches Together in England that our understanding of the practical outworking of our shared Mission is:
- To proclaim the good news of the Kingdom;
- To teach and baptise new believers and nurture all God’s people;
- To respond to human need by loving service;
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society; and
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
This page last modified Wednesday, 13-Jan-2016 10:30:33 GMT