Baptist • Church of England • Methodist • United Reformed Church
Churches within the Partnership
- We accept the Lordship of the risen Jesus Christ – alive still today.
- We are Bible-based – accepting Scripture’s inspiration and authority.
- We are evangelical – in doctrine and its application to contemporary life.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the ground of our salvation and model of our mission, inspiring us in service to a materially and spiritually needy world.
- We depend upon the dynamic power of the Holy Spirit – to renew us and impart charismatic gifts for healing, deliverance and other ministries.
- We are committed to a collaborative style of ministry – with all God’s People.
We specifically commit ourselves:
- To seek prayerfully to understand more clearly the Vision of God and His calling to grow His kingdom here.
- To discover more from the Scriptures about the theological basis for our unity-in-mission, and its practical consequences.
- To conform ourselves to the values of Jesus, as enshrined in his teaching on discipleship and our ‘Declaration of Intent’.
- To share together in missionary outreach to the people that God leads us into contact with through our daily lives.
- To serve all the people of West Swindon & Lydiard Tregoz with the same unconditional covenantal love that God has for them.
- To proclaim the good news of the Kingdom;
- To teach and baptise new believers and nurture all God’s people;
- To respond to human need by loving service;
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society; and
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
This page last modified 14:59:13 GMT on Wed 18 Feb, 2015