Appendix 1 A. Guidelines - Definition of Roles
Anyone aged 0-18 years, whether or not they are a part of the church's children's or young people�s group.
Anyone who looks after a child or young person either as a leader or as a helper. In the text, this is sometimes shortened to WORKER.
Someone who has responsibility for monitoring and supporting volunteers working with the church�s children and young people. They will have special responsibility of interviewing, monitoring and supporting a new applicant through their probationary period. Generally, though not exclusively, Supervisors will be the respective children or young people�s groups� team leaders.
Someone appointed by the local church committee as an independent person to whom the children have special access,
- Who is NOT currently working alongside children in the church.
- The Advocate needs to be approachable for both children and adults.
- They are likely to be well known to the children and young people, and respected and above all trusted by the children/young people and those who work with them.
- Their position will be reviewed annually by the church committee and ratified at the Church Annual General Meeting.
- Their photograph and telephone number will be prominently displayed in the church.
The Minister and those in Leadership roles in the local church. It is their responsibility to take up and ratify references of all applicants.
SAFE TO GROW CO-ORDINATOR
Someone appointed by the church to administrate the Safe to Grow policy within the local church.
- To ensure all applications are processed properly.
- To ensure that all records of all currently working with the church�s children or young people are up to date.
- To monitor who requires Initial training or refresher training in Safe to Grow.
PARTNERSHIP SAFE TO GROW CO ORDINATOR
Someone appointed by the ECC, to coordinate the church co ordinators and to ensure we are working as safely as possible.
This page last modified 15:43:59 GMT on Fri 11 Jan, 2013