West Swindon and Lydiard Tregoze Church Partnership
22) The Charity shall be administered and managed by a body of trustees consisting of:
- a) ex officio Trustees, being the ministers of the LEP for the time being;
- b) up to 2 Elected Trustees per local church elected at the Annual Congregational Meeting; and
- c) not more than 5 Co-opted Trustees appointed by the Trustees.
23) The first Elected Trustees shall be elected at the meeting at which this Constitution is adopted.
24) Elected Trustees shall hold office from the end of the Annual Congregational Meeting at which they are elected until the end of the third such meeting after their appointment, but shall be eligible for re-election at that meeting.
25) No person may be elected as an Elected Trustee or appointed as a Co-opted Trustee unless he or she:
a) is a Member;
- b) is aged 18 or above;
- c) is not disqualified from acting as a Trustee by virtue of section 72 Charities Act 1993 (or any statutory re-enactment or modification of that provision); and
- d) has indicated his or her willingness to serve as a Trustee.
26) Co-opted Trustees serve until the end of the next Annual Congregational Meeting following their appointment.
27) A Trustee shall cease to hold office if he or she:
- a) is disqualified from acting as a Trustee by virtue of section 72 Charities Act 1993 (or any statutory re-enactment or modification of that provision);
- b) ceases to be a Member;
- c) dies or becomes incapable by reason of mental disorder, illness or injury of managing and administering his or her own affairs;
- d) resigns as trustee by notice to the Trustees (but only if at least two Trustees will remain in office when the notice of resignation takes effect); or
- e) is absent without the permission of the Trustees from all their meetings held within a period of six consecutive months and the Trustees resolve that his or her office be vacated.
Back to top of page Back to Constitution Contents
Prev page C9-21. Congregational meetings Next page C28-44. Proceedings of the Trustees
This page last modified