Safe To Grow Policy
Agreed by the Partnership Council of the West Swindon and Lydiard Tregoze Church Partnership
This church is committed to the safeguarding of children and adults at risk, and to ensuring their well-being.
Local responsibilities, 2018:
St Marys L.T. local Safe to Grow coordinator is Jacqueline Kirwan, the child advocate is Mary Poole
Holy Trinity Shaw local Safe to Grow coordinator is Rebecca Kershaw, the child advocates are Sue Green and Steve Kershaw
Toothill local Safe to Grow coordinator is Rachel Dowling, the child advocate is (TBC)
Westlea local Safe to Grow coordinator is Andy Vernon, the child advocates are Julie Scarisbrick and Edward Glennie
The Partnership's safeguarding coordinator is Chris Scarisbrick.
We are committed to:
- The establishment of a loving environment, which is safe and caring, and where there is an informed vigilance about the dangers of abuse
- Following relevant legislation, statutory, denominational and specialist guidelines in relation to safeguarding children and adults at risk.
- Ensuring that we are keeping up to date with national and local developments relating to safeguarding.
- Building constructive links with relevant Voluntary and Statutory Agencies.
- Taking all reasonable steps to ensure that as a church, everyone works within the agreed procedures of our safeguarding policies
- Supporting the Safeguarding Coordinator and Deputy in their work and in any action they may need to take in order to protect children and adults at risk
- Following safer recruitment principles in the appointment and selection of all those who work with children and adults at risk, be they volunteer or paid staff, lay or ordained
- Supporting, supervising, resourcing and training all those who undertake work with children and adults at risk
- Ensuring that the children and adults we have contact with know that they are valued and feel empowered to tell us if they are suffering harm
- Reporting any abuse of children or adults at risk that we discover or suspect
- Supporting all in our church who are affected by abuse.
- Supporting and supervising those who pose a risk to children or adults at risk, implementing contracts of behaviour, whilst bearing in mind the overarching principle that the welfare of the child is paramount
- If an assessment is made that someone poses an unmanageable risk to those in need of protection and could not safely attend our church, we will ensure that they continue to be offered pastoral care and will signpost them to appropriate agencies for support
Back to top of page Back to Safe to Grow policy
Previous page Contents and Overview Next page Implementation & Training
This page last modified