Safe To Grow Policy
Church Policy And Practice on Supervision
Those supervising work with children and young people will:
- Hold regular meetings with workers to review and plan work.
- Support those working with children and young people. And enquire as to their working and personal relationship with the children or young people.
- Take or create opportunities for observing those working with children and young people.
- Watch for any child or young person receiving exceptional treatment. For example being highly favoured, excluded, or treated unduly harshly.
- Hold regular meetings with the Advocate(s) and Church Leaders to review the work.
- Provide, under direction of the Church Leadership, appropriate training opportunities for those working with children and young people.
- Keep written records of meetings, training and observation sessions.
If the Supervisor has concerns relating to good practice between an adult leader/helper and a child or young person, they should explore further by:
- Talking confidentially with the leader/helper concerned.
The issue should not be abandoned until the Supervisor/ leader is sure there is no possibility of abuse.
Back to top of page Back to Safe to Grow policy
Previous page Selecting Children’s Workers & Advocates Next page Definitions of Abuse
This page last modified