West Swindon and Lydiard Tregoze Church Partnership
48) No Trustee or any person connected with a Trustee may receive from the Charity any payment of money or other material benefit (whether direct or indirect) except by way of:
- a) reasonable remuneration or stipend paid to any Trustee who is a minister of the LEP;
- b) reimbursement of reasonable out of pocket expenses (including hotel and travel costs) actually incurred in the administration of the Charity;
- c) interest at a reasonable rate on money lent to the Charity;
- d) a reasonable rent or hiring fee for property let or hired to the Charity;
- e) an indemnity in respect of any liabilities properly incurred in or about the administration of the Charity (including the costs of a successful defence to criminal proceedings);
- f) benefits received by the Trustee as a Member where such benefits are no different in nature or extent from those received by other Members; and
- g) payment for employment or services authorised under clause 49.
49) The Trustees may employ, or engage under a contract for services, such of their number or any person connected to a Trustee as they may determine provided that:
- a) the procedure set out in clause 50 is followed;
- b) the Trustees are satisfied that it is in the interests of the Charity to employ or engage under a contract for services (as the case may be) the Trustee or connected person concerned;
- c) the Trustees are satisfied that the terms of employment or engagement are reasonable and will be subject to regular and objective review; and
- d) at no time may a majority of Trustees benefit directly or indirectly from payments made under this clause.
- 50) Whenever a Trustee or a person connected to a Trustee has a personal interest in a matter to be discussed at a meeting of the Trustees or any committee, the Trustee or connected person concerned must:
- a) declare an interest before discussion on the matter begins;
- b) withdraw from the meeting for that item unless expressly invited by the chair to remain solely in order to provide information;
- c) not be counted in the quorum during that part of the meeting; and
- d) withdraw during the vote and have no vote on the matter.
51) For the purpose of clauses 48 to 50 a person is connected with a Trustee if that person is:
- a) a child, parent, grandchild, grandparent, brother or sister of the Trustee; or
- b) a spouse, civil partner or co-habitee of the Trustee or of any person falling within (a) above.
Back to top of page Back to Constitution Contents
Prev page C47. Application of funds Next page C53-54. Investment
This page last modified