West Swindon and Lydiard Tregoze Church Partnership
Amendment of Constitution
55) This Constitution (including the Schedule) may be amended at either a General or a Special Congregational Meeting provided that:
- a) No amendment may be made to this clause that would have the effect of making the Charity cease to be a charity at law or altering the purpose of the Charity if the change would not be within the reasonable contemplation of the Members;
- b) Clauses 48 to 51 may not be amended without the prior written consent of the Charity Commission;
- c) Members are given 21 days’ notice and resolve by not less than two-thirds majority of the Members present and voting; and
- d) the resolution receives the approval of the Sponsoring Body and of the appropriate authority of each of the Participating Denominations.
56) A copy of any resolution amending this Constitution must be sent to the Charity Commission within 21 days of its being passed.
Back to top of page Back to Constitution Contents
Prev page C53-54. Investment Next page C57-63. Dissolution of Charity
This page last modified